Friday, October 24, 2008

Adult Learners and Financial Crisis

With all the financial crisis information overload, I realized that I don't have a good understanding of the economics history of the US, since I never studied it in depth. To stay in the spirit of what we preach in the ITEC 830 class, I downloaded podcasts of the 10 lectures on History of the US Economy by Stanford professor of Economics Timothy Taylor. It is fascinating to see the parallels between now and the first decades of the 20's Century, but it is even more so, to be able to learn from one of the best lecturers on the subject, while on a Greyhound bus or an airplane! I highly recommend it. I got my lectures from the Teaching Company, but I bet they are also available on Stanford's website.

1 comment:

Ms. Okolie said...

Wow, it's nice to hear others laud the ITunes U podcasts. I love to listen to the History podcasts from UC Berkeley and the education lectures from Stanford. I enjoy listening to them during long commutes. They are an excellent way to make the time pass by.