Thursday, September 11, 2008

Connected AND Focused?

Since our class last week I tried several different tools that we’ve talked about. I was already familiar with iLearn/Moodle. I have my personal blog on livejournal and now I have one for this class on Blogger. I joined myITEC on Ning( I was familiar with Ning, because I host a network for my high school class there), I added my blog to our ITEC 830 Netvibes page and also created my iGoogle.

Now I am so well connected, that at times it seems that I am not very productive because of it. Has anyone figured this out yet? Any good tips and habits that allow you to stay tuned, but focused?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It seems like you figured out this one yourself tonight during this discussion. I am glad I am here to share it with you b/c the point of what you are saying in your blog came down to the central topic of our conversation: to have a true digital community there is a need to choose one (okay, maybe two) to focus on that serves all of the desired components of Web2.0.
With all of the different styles on the same theme of combining these tools to create networked socials it seems like the only way to figure out the best fit is to do what you've done - join a bunch (or just skim them for a while) and then dive in to the one you like the most.
After your clear appreciation for the site, I will certainly be checking out livejournal.

This does raise a question for me though, what guides someone to a specific provider when they first begin their digital lives?